Materials Science Engineer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Working in a strong cross functional team environment, this position provides development and sustaining support of III-V semiconductor material, wafer manufacturing, and laser and sensor processes. Assists in defining and developing new processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), and helps to drive the growth of the VCSEL laser and sensor business. Monitors and reports to management on schedule, yield, cost and configuration control. Conducts structured Design of Experiments (DOE), executes and gathers process/product data, and writes and presents technical reports and white papers. Role will require an understanding and use of Design Of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Cp/Cpk improvement of all critical processes from design through final device reliability and performance testing. This role will be a champion of cross-team collaboration and drive the well-being of the overall organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage process projects for quality development of III-V based semiconductor lasers, infrared focal plane arrays, detector arrays, and silicon ROICs and related systems
- Provide III-V wafer processing and testing sustaining engineering support and assist in continuous yield improvement exercises
- Process III-V wafers as required, including photolithography, wet and dry etching, and thin film vacuum depositions for all portions of the fabrication processes
- Design and execute experiments in support of the above
- Generation of presentations in support of process development plans/status
- Responsible for documentation of process development tasks
- Generate process and equipment work instructions
- Assist in proposal activities
- Feedback into the Engineering processes so they are constantly improved
- Participate in customer programs where sensor and wafer development is required
- Serve as a technical interface for internal and external customers
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- BS or experience in engineering, physics, chemistry, material science or related discipline strongly desired, significant related experience is a requirement.
- Demonstrated understanding of III-V semiconductor materials, epitaxial growth, processes, and devices
- Background and experience in flip-chip hybridization, detector and laser packaging and characterization processes
- Strong project management skills with efficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in authoring white papers, proposals, quotations including costing and budgeting
- Device modeling, Flip-chip bonding, Focal Plane Array, FPA, Detector, SCA, Sensor, Illuminator, III-V, Silicon, MEMS, Infrared, IR Camera, SolidWorks, Mask Design, L-Edit, KLayout, MATLAB, Python, C#, LabVIEW, JMP, SEM, TEM, SIMS, SPC, XRD, MOCVD, Epitaxy, CVD, PECVD, ICP, ALD, Wet oxidation, Deposition, Wafer bonding, Etch, AFM, Surfscan, DOE, SPC, Wafer level testing, Automation
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse