- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
A new full-time opportunity as a Tailings Engineer has become available, our Brisbane office. We are looking for someone who would like to progress their career and work across a variety of mine waste projects across Queensland.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Travelling to site to oversee construction of tailings storage facility designs developed by our Mine Waste team;
- Interpreting results from laboratory testing and preparing summary reports;
- Developing a basis for defensible soil strength parameters, using laboratory and field results;
- Undertaking screening level and detailed design analyses to support the design of tailings storage facilities and other earth structures, initially under close guidance from our senior specialists, but with a view to carrying out such work independently;
- Managing the specification and implementing design changes while on site;
- Undertaking geotechnical site investigations and reporting;
- Developing designs for tailings storage facilities and other earth structures;
- Undertaking design assessments, including stability and seepage analyses;
- Preparation of technical deliverables such as proposals and reports; and
- Working with and providing support to other members of the group as required.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing;
- Enthusiasm for fieldwork with practical experience;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking / Consulting capabilities.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George