Bilingual Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Auditor
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Bilingual Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) Management & Compliance Auditor to join our Environmental Science and Assessment team on a full-time basis based in Ottawa or Montreal.
Working closely with our established team of scientists and engineers, you will be responsible for helping to develop the market and provide Golder's service offering for EHS management and compliance projects in Ontario, Quebec and Eastern Canada, raising the profile and building the brand of Golder's EHS Management and Compliance Group in these regions.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing proposal development, project execution, client relationship management, and project management
- Conducting field assignments, such as performing EHS compliance audits, training, hazardous substances and chemical inventory assessments, job hazard assessments, and other similar EHS assignments
- Preparing technical reports, including documentation of audits and field investigative procedures, data management and interpretation, and development of graphical and tabular presentation of data
- Providing EHS compliance program support for clients including developing procedures and permits, preparing and submitting periodic regulatory reports, and preparing EHS training programs
- Developing programs, performing audits, and providing training to support clients' ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 or other EHS management systems
- Providing technical excellence in management system and compliance auditing, management systems development and implementation projects, hazard / risk identification, assessment and controls, emergency preparedness and response planning, pollution prevention planning and due diligence, as appropriate
- Liaising with and, to the extent necessary, providing support to, other discipline teams in the greater Environmental Group and EHS Discipline
- Mentoring junior staff in the Environmental Group and EHS Discipline. Over time, your responsibilities may evolve to include providing project direction and hiring junior and intermediate staff
- Providing input into business planning, meeting with existing and new Golder clients, developing opportunities and building business for Golder, providing tactical thought leadership for planning, design, and development of EHS Management and Compliance auditing services
- Participating with other Golder staff, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally in the development and review of the EHS Management & Compliance business at Golder
You will have a background in:
- A bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering (Master's preferred) within a relevant field such as environmental science, environmental engineering, safety engineering, or a similar scientific discipline
- At least five (5) years of relevant consulting or industry experience; preference will be given to candidates with strong industrial acumen and experience in both environmental and health and safety fields, especially in the industrial/manufacturing sector
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional certifications or those eligible for certification in one or more of the following fields: environmental auditing [e.g. EP(certified environmental auditor)], environmental management systems [e.g. EP(EMS)], health and safety (e.g. Canadian Registered Safety Professional)
- Fluency in French and English is a requirement
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse