- Mars Incorporated
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
This role is responsible to conduct quality verification protocols to ensure that all finished products meet with Mars Quality and Food Safety Specifications. Quality Technician associates enable conformance to specification through the verification of execution in quality control protocols and/or monitoring of sampling and testing plans applied to packaging and product.
This resource also enables the reduction of food safety incidents and non-quality costs by the immediate escalation of any out of conformance condition detected during verification activities. Also, this role supports the maintenance of quality knowledge and skills required in operation associates for proper execution of quality control protocols and proper data documentation and records keeping. Operational non-quality related activities are out of the scope of this role such machine operator's reliefs.
- Responsible for shift-based quality verification or monitoring activities for packaging and finished product (based on the site size this might be extended to raw materials)
- Verify conformance of finished product and/or in-process for sensory attributes and participate in site sensory panels.
- Verify conformance of finished product attributes and product defects following quality approved standards and procedures.
- Verify proper execution of packaging GRD and Code dates monitoring protocols to ensure correct packaging is used and product traceability is not compromised.
- Verify scale calibration accuracy.
- Initiate PRIMPS and Nonconformance's in Nexus.
- Ensures that only nexus approved documents are used in the packaging line for quality related activities and archives quality related records for further analysis or auditing purposes.
- Provides quality related information to operators to enable quality control activities.
- Escalate to process areas any out of conformance incidents and collaborate in trouble shooting providing all information needed on product quality attributes until process and product are back in control and this will include sending out daily report on quality verification checks and primp entered to Leads and Quality managers.
- Identify and isolate out-of-specification materials, including placing product on hold, initiating non-conformances and escalating to the correct associates. They are expected to collaborate closely with Material Handling area to ensure all non-conforming products are captured in house.
- Support/lead calibration program activities to ensure overall QMP compliance.
- Perform off-line metal detector screening for suspected product from metal detector rejections.
- Verifies that procedures to complete quality related documentation are properly executed and information in the records is complete.
- Sign off all quality check paperwork if Lead is not present for all packaging lines, Industrial Product (IP) and Chocolate Plant within 48hours of the production shift and shift release.
- Provides coaching and training to associates to ensure proper QMP understanding, execution of quality control protocols, data accuracy and proper record management control.
- Quality conformance associates may be required to be part of the HACCP team and Internal Auditors group to support quality and food safety continuous improvement program and CAPA's execution.
- QCC to assist on quality investigate on hold product and expire raw material, and document information in Nexus with concessions. Conduct validate metal detectors on each bar line. SWAB testing after equipment has been cleaned and sanitize
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and/or previous quality control experience in a food-related industry.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential as these associates often serve as coordinators of information between functions and across levels of the business
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to work at elevated heights
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Computer/Technical savvy
- Works proficiently in: Excel, Nexus, Win SPC, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to establish good peer relationships