TFT - Receiver/Storeskeeper - Materials Management
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Receiver/ Storekeeper
Department: Materials Management
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 6 months
Hours: Monday to Friday -7.5 hour day shifts,8:00 to 16:00 (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Our healthcare teams are made up of dynamic groups of people who work together to provide Exemplary Patient Experiences, Always in the communities of Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville.
This is what you will be doing:
- Receives, inspects for damages and shortages, records all receipts into a computerized system and distributes all supplies and equipment for the facility
- Counts and verifies shipments from packing slip to a computerized materials management system
- Ensures WHMIS labeling on hazardous materials prior to distribution
- Handles discrepancies with finance, stores and purchasing staff
- Responsible for automated entry of outgoing courier packages and processing
- Responsible for tagging and recording all capital equipment deliveries
- Handles all stores requisitions received by computer or email
- Ensures stock rotation of all supplies and checks expiry dates
- Maintains accurate record of stock issued and received and replenishes stock daily
- Ensures that inventory is secure at all times
- Sorting of internal mail and redirection to user departments
- Takes inventory and scans floors every afternoon with electronic HHD
- Manage department inventory levels to ensure correct stock quantities on hand
- Takes final year-end physical counts at year end.
- Maintain current knowledge of fire safety regulations, WHMIS and MSDS regulations
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- High School Diploma required
- Computer proficiency including data entry and keyboarding experience using multiple materials management computerized systems
- Must be physically able to perform the required tasks involving repetitive heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds), pushing/pulling of heavy loads and extensive standing and walking.
- Must be familiar with various clinical products as well as the ability to understand and comply with store keeping and inventory procedures and methods
- Related experience in a health care setting is an asset.
- Basic experience using a calculator, fax machine, photocopier, printer and postage machine.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while also working effectively in a team
- Proven ability to practice values consistent with corporate policies and a commitment to fostering a safe and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Computer knowledge of the Meditech Materials Management system an asset.
- Creative and innovative, self-directed, flexible team player.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
Salary: $20.26-$25.29 per hour
Posted Date: October 22, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees: October 29, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services