PPC - TFT - Surgical Program - OTMH
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position : Professional Practice Clinician (PPC)
Department: Inpatient Surgery, Surgical Day Care, Medical Surgical Clinics and GI Suite
Status : Temporary Full-Time for approximately 6 months
Hours : Monday - Friday days; 8 hour shifts. Will require flexibility to meet staff needs, e.g. may need to work select evening, night or weekend hours for purposes of orientation and education.
This is what you'll be doing:
The Professional Practice Clinician will report to the OTMH Surgical Program Director for OTMH specific clinical responsibilities and to the Director Professional Practice for corporate responsibilities. The PPC will collaborate and work closely with the Surgical Program Director, Patient Care Managers, Physicians, Director Professional Practice and fellow Professional Practice Clinicians (PPC s ).
- Accountable for providing leadership in developing and participating in department specific, as well as corporate, educational initiatives.
- Provides clinical teaching and staff development focusing on clinical education for staff.
- Facilitates and expedites continuous learning and professional development through educating, coaching and mentoring.
- Provides consultation to various team members on standards and best practices
- Maintains a current knowledge base regarding best practice and leading edge technology in the area of practice and clinical programs; draws upon contemporary evidence and/or research-based practice methods and standards.
- Develops, reviews and revises policies and procedures related to professional practice and clinical care, and provides supporting education and evaluation.
- Develops and monitors quality indicators within the Program and actively participates in quality improvement activities.
- As a member of the Office of Professional Practice, collaborates with the other PPCs to plan and organize the Nursing Orientation Program; coordinates and assists with quality management and educational initiatives at program and corporate levels.
- As a member of the Management Team, participates in organization-wide management activities.
- Provides administrative back up to the Patient Care Managers within the Program in their absence.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for promoting a work environment that exemplifies respect, interprofessional and ethical practice, professional autonomous decision-making, and maximized scopes of practice.
- Serves as a role model and leader to support nursing care that optimizes patient outcomes and experiences while enhancing the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Participates in community and regionalinitiatives that have a direct relationship to the Program.
- Facilitates and promotes staff to attain/retain recognized professional credentials as it relates to their positions in the Program.
- Performs regular quality monitoring audits to determine compliance to standards of practice and standards of care
- Implements follow-up improvements as necessary.
- Responsible for specific related projects, as assigned.
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or other health related discipline preferred
- Preparation at the Master's level or actively pursuing preferred
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated current clinical experience. Operating Room experience required.
- Recent experience as a clinical educator an asset
- Skilled in the principles of adult learning
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Demonstrated research skills an asset
- Knowledge of best practices, clinical practice guidelines and clinical management tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize/organize multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Proficiency withMicrosoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: October 22, 2020
Internal Applications Due By: October 29, 2020
Please submit your application via the HHS website www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services