Vice-President, Students, International and Alumni.
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary Range: $142,935 - $190,580
Posting Date: October 26th, 2020
Closing Date: November 6th, 2020 at 7:00pm EST
We are currently recruiting for the next Vice-President, Students, International and Alumni.
At Mohawk College, we value accountability and inclusivity. We are student focused. We engage our community, and we are committed to excellence in everything we do. These are the values that guide us as a college. They define our culture, inform our decisions, and drive our interactions with students and employees, and the communities we serve.
Established in 1967, Mohawk currently educates and serves more than 32,500 full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and international students at three main campuses, and at learning hubs and partner locations across Hamilton, Ontario. We are one of the top 10 colleges in Canada for applied research, and have been named one of Canada’s greenest employers six years in a row. Mohawk is also one of the region’s top employers. More than 130,000 Future Ready alumni have graduated from the college since it was founded.
Students and learning are at the heart of all we do at Mohawk. From providing more entry points and pathways to a postsecondary credential, to addressing financial literacy and encouraging student engagement though co-curricular records, Mohawk is known for supporting students and for being committed to their success. We offer a variety of services and supports to enhance the student experience, whether they are studying in person or online. Behind each of these services is Mohawk’s exceptional Student Services team.
Strengthening Mohawk’s leadership in equity, diversity and inclusion is a key priority for our college. We believe in providing everyone who learns and works at Mohawk with an inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment. Moreover, the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. Every senior leader at Mohawk is required to complete an intercultural assessment while workshops on equity, diversity and inclusion are available to all employees.
Our mission is to educate and prepare highly skilled graduates for success and contribution to community, Canada and the world. This mission can only be realized through the commitment and involvement of our faculty, staff and partners. Mohawk brings together a highly motivated and educated team of professionals who are committed to student success, and who are proud to work with more than 2,000 community and employer partners who share this commitment.
Interesting Facts About Mohawk College:
- Mohawk College endorsed the Government of Canada’s Dimensions Charter in 2019, committing the college to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of academic and research activity.
- The college is recognized as a provincial and national leader in reducing barriers and ensuring access to education through City School and Challenge 2025.
- Mohawk’s Fennell Campus is home to the country’s largest and first net zero energy institutional building to achieve dual certification for the Canada Green Building Council’s Zero Carbon Building Standard for The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation.
- The college holds a GOLD STARS rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) for its achievements in environment sustainability.
- Mohawk was the first college in Canada to offer a co-operative education.
- The college was also among the first to offer collaborative degree programs with university partners including McMaster University in Hamilton.
- Mohawk recently announced its first stand-alone degree, the new Bachelor of Digital Health (Honours).
- The college is one of the largest trainers of apprentices in Ontario.
The Vice-President, Students, International and Alumni, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, is a member of the Mohawk Executive Group and is responsible for providing strategic and inspired leadership to the College’s student and alumni engagement priorities and operations. The Vice-President shares leadership in all aspects of the College’s mission and vision as articulated in the Strategic Plan.
As the ideal candidate, you will have executive experience leading student and alumni engagement in a post-secondary environment. You have provided strategic and inspired leadership in the visioning, development and execution of a comprehensive student services plan including alumni engagement. With a passion for the mission, vision and values of Mohawk College, the Vice-President, Student, International and Alumni will be committed to collaboration, openness and bringing effective team leadership to the portfolio. Through strong people skills and respect for diversity, inclusion and reconciliation, you are a proven relationship and community-builder with the vision and strategic skills necessary to advance Mohawk College’s priorities and goals, nationally and internationally through student and alumni engagement efforts.
The incumbent is responsible for establishing community networks, strategic alliances and partnerships, which will enhance opportunities for students, create value-added outcomes for business and industry partners and will contribute overall to a stronger and more vibrant Hamilton and surrounding community.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess relevant academic and professional qualifications and direct experience including:
- A Master’s degree in a related field and/or an honours degree combined with relevant senior management experience.
- A minimum of 15 years post-secondary preferably in a multi-campus educational institution within a unionized environment.
- An appreciation of the post-secondary education landscape in Ontario and/or Canada, and Strategic Enrolment Management leadership is an asset.
- Proven record of successful collaborations and partnerships within the community and across industry.
- Demonstrates an understanding of student and staff development and engagement, in particular as it relates to leadership and citizenship.
- Demonstrated budget management skills, including budgeting, allocation and budget reviews.
- Experience with international student recruitment, student services and the development of inter-cultural competencies and awareness is essential.
- Demonstrated champion of fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for both students and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (905) 575 – 2047 if you require an accommodation.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please apply online at:
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services