Vice-President, Corporate Services.
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary Range: $142,935 - $190,580
Posting Date: October 26th, 2020
Closing Date: November 6th, 2020 at 7:00pm EST
We are currently recruiting for the next Vice-President, Corporate Services.
At Mohawk College, we value accountability and inclusivity. We are student focused. We engage our community, and we are committed to excellence in everything we do. These are the values that guide us as a college. They define our culture, inform our decisions, and drive our interactions with students and employees, and the communities we serve.
Established in 1967, Mohawk currently educates and serves more than 32,500 full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and international students at three main campuses, and at learning hubs and partner locations across Hamilton, Ontario. We are one of the top 10 colleges in Canada for applied research, and have been named one of Canada’s greenest employers six years in a row. Mohawk is also one of the region’s top employers. More than 130,000 Future Ready alumni have graduated from the college since it was founded.
As a strategic partner in the delivery of education and services to students, our Corporate Services team plays an important role in championing the creation of a sustainable, inclusive, and future ready environment that cultivates student, graduate and employee success.
Strengthening Mohawk’s leadership in equity, diversity and inclusion is a key priority for the college. We believe in providing everyone who learns and works at Mohawk with an inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment. Moreover, the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. Every senior leader at Mohawk is required to complete an intercultural assessment while workshops on equity, diversity and inclusion are available to all employees.
Our mission is to educate and prepare highly skilled graduates for success and contribution to community, Canada and the world. This mission can only be realized through the commitment and involvement of our faculty, staff and partners. Mohawk brings together a highly motivated and educated team of professionals who are committed to student success, and who are proud to work with more than 2,000 community and employer partners who share this commitment.
Interesting Facts About Mohawk College:
- Mohawk College endorsed the Government of Canada’s Dimensions Charter in 2019, committing the college to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of academic and research activity.
- Mohawk’s Fennell Campus is home to the country’s largest and first net zero energy institutional building to achieve dual certification for the Canada Green Building Council’s Zero Carbon Building Standard for The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation.
- The college is recognized as a provincial and national leader in reducing barriers and ensuring access to education through City School and Challenge 2025.
- Mohawk holds a GOLD STARS rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) for its achievements in environment sustainability.
- Mohawk was the first college in Canada to offer a co-operative education.
- The college was also among the first to offer collaborative degree programs with university partners including McMaster University in Hamilton.
- Mohawk recently announced its first stand-alone degree, the new Bachelor of Digital Health (Honours).
- The college is one of the largest trainers of apprentices in Ontario.
Mohawk is currently seeking an accomplished and resourceful Vice President, Corporate Services to be the strategic leader of College administrative operations and financial controllership, serving as a key resource to the Board of Governors and the Audit, Finance and Infrastructure committee.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President is accountable for the leadership of a high performance team that provides administrative support services which includes; the planning and delivery of all financial, human resources, information technology, facilities and planning, capital projects, ancillary services, risk management, business continuity and other administrative services to support the achievement of the objectives of Mohawk’s Strategic Plan.
The ideal candidate for this executive leadership opportunity brings significant exposure to many of the functions within the portfolio, and a particular appreciation to the delivery of client focused administrative services in a changing environment. She/he must have a record of accomplishment in a large, complex organization, and have shown the ability to work collegially with a wide variety of stakeholders and community members. A consultative leadership style, excellent communications skills, and an approach that is collaborative and respectful, are essential.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess relevant academic and professional qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Public Relations, Commerce, or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-secondary experience with at least seven (7) years in a senior-level leadership and management capacity, preferably in a post-secondary, multi-campus educational institution, within a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to teaching excellence and quality education.
- Proven record of successful collaborations and partnerships within the community and across industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of student engagement for the purpose of achieving student success and retention.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value and practice of applied research and innovative practices.
- Demonstrated champion of fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for both students and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please apply online at:
More search results
University Secretary and General Counsel
Vancouver Island University
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Mechatronics and…
Queen's University, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Thermo-Fluids as…
Queen's University, Mechanical and Materials Engineering
DIRECTOR – FIRST PEOPLES’ CENTRE AND INDIGENOUS E…
Canadore College of Applied Arts & Technology
Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Child Wellbei…
University of Calgary