Business Systems Analyst (Human Resources)
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (HR)
Job ID: 3608
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (HR)
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Business Systems (EBS), the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing business analysis and functional support for core BC Housing business systems, with a focus on Human Resource’s Information systems. The position provides applications support to Business Support resources, leads business process modeling, proposes new/enhanced business processes, documents requirements, collaborates on technical requirements and specifications, liaises with various IT development and support teams, supports development of business cases, manages assigned projects, chairs project meetings, monitors new installs and services, resolves problems, coordinates release notes documentation and training programs, participates in post implementation reviews and performance analyses.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Information Technology or other related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 5 years of IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services, with 3 years in business analysis. Considerable experience in supporting enterprise-wide business systems and working with interfaces including troubleshooting issues.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle technology including database and middleware
- Considerable knowledge of project lifecycle concepts and the ability to apply them to small projects such as business process changes and data cleansing
- Considerable knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, and IT development environments
- Sound knowledge of business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management, and good knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s structure and business operations.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of information systems programs (with a focus of Human Resources Information Systems) and business processes pertaining to human resources, accounting, procurement, maintenance and real estate management.
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Office365 and SharePoint technologies
- Familiarity with hardware technologies (i.e. servers, workstations, networks and operating systems)
- Good knowledge of feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes
- Good understanding of systems technology trends and the ability to critically assess and evaluate those trends as they apply to the organization.
- Ability to plan and manage moderate-sized projects, or portions of larger projects, manage teams of staff and contractors in the development, change management and implementation of systems, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Strong skills in business requirements gathering, process modelling and solution architecting including writing business requirement documents and/or polish business documents
- Well-developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Two Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) Faculty Positi…
Indigenous Student Success Navigator
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer