- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for a full-time Operations Supervisor. We are looking for a SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous and proactive Servant Leader capable of making and creating change through our core values.
Our Hamilton district has an immediate opening for anOperations Supervisorto lead its team for the City of Hamilton Contract. T he Operations Supervisor will have about for 7 Attendants, 3-4 Roll Off and Tractor Trailer drivers, as well as 2 Loader Operators . We are looking for a servant leader who is a true reflection of our culture and embodies our operational values in leading their team and driving results. Your success in this role is dependent on your work ethic, your communication skills, and your leadership ability to create long-lasting relationships. The key to Waste Connections of Canada's continued growth and success is sourcing, developing, and promoting its people.
Operations Supervisor for the City of Hamilton Contract, you will be responsible to monitor all aspects of assigned collections crew to achieve safety, service and productivity metrics are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Drivers completing daily safety and maintenance checks on VCR's
- Coordinates with Dispatcher to ensure Bin deliveries, exchanges, repairs and waste collections are completed in a timely manner.
- Plans and monitors employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Performance Management of employees through the progressive discipline process.
- Conducts accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with the root cause and preventative measures. Maintaining adherence to company safety policies and DOT regulations.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Works closely with affected Municipalities to ensure service issues or missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- 3 or more years of managing in a people-driven environment
- Knowledge of OSHA, CVSE, DOT, and MOE guidelines
- Knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Exchange.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks.
- Commercial Driver's License is an asset
What's In It for You?
You will be joining and serving in a team environment and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.