Technical Analyst (Electrical)
- Job Category
- Job Type
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Technical Analyst to join our Electrical team.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for managing multiple moderately complex projects that include the evaluation, testing and reporting of industrial and process control equipment.
This position reports to a more senior engineer or an Operations Manager/Engineering Manager.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Independently perform electrical/electronic/electromechanical equipment design and construction reviews to various North American and European standards.
- Independently write reports, engineering judgments, and letters to clients using standardized templates.
- Conduct safety electrical testing, compile test data and reports into a final compliance report.
- Provide technical support to sales team to determine the scope of new projects and develop pricing estimates and project timelines
- Work with laboratory staff to plan projects, determine where and how projects can best be completed to meet client timelines, and monitor progress through testing phases
- Analysis and engineering of test data to apply to Code requirements and specific field construction conditions
- Conduct engineering reviews of revised products or production processes
- Perform other work as required
- 2 year Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electronics.
- Strong Electrical circuit analysis skills.
- 1-2 years of hands on testing experience.
- Experience with UL, CSA, IEC, NSF, ANSI, or EN standards is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with other engineers.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software
Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services