Optical Test Technician
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Assemble and Test opto-mechanical systems in accordance to manufacturing documentation (assembly instructions, process documents, etc.) using a variety of hand tools, measuring devices and test equipment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assemble opto-mechanical assemblies by using assembly drawings and assembly procedures
• Work with assembly and inspection tools such as torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, height gages, and dial indicators
• Align and test optical systems using interferometry, alignment telescope, and optical inspection devices.
• Environmental testing of opto-mechanical systems using thermal chambers and vibration machines.
• Document actions by completing checklists
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Generate work order material kits using printed bills of material (BOM)
• General lab maintenance as necessary
• Assembly experience desired
• High school diploma with additional related training
• Optical alignment and test experience desired
• Ability to read assembly drawings and process instructions
• Experience using standard hand tools – allen wrenches, screw drivers, torque wrenches, etc.
• Familiarity with computers as applicable to manufacturing
• Possess a solid, quality minded work ethic and strong attention to detail
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a progressive manufacturing industry is preferred
• Interface in a collaborative manner to foster effective and inspiring group dynamics is preferred
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse