Local CDL Garbage Route Driver offering $2,000 Bonus
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- The Dalles,OR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
The Dalles Disposal, a Waste Connections company is looking for a safety conscience Driverto join the team in The Dalles, Oregon. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus !This is a full time year round position with Overtime. Working Schedule is Monday-Friday with a start time of 5:30 am. Typical shifts are 9-10 Hours.
**We are offering a $2,000 Stay on Bonus to CDL licensed Drivers who are hired!**
Click on the following link to chat with a Virtual assistant about this driving opportunity: https://olivia.paradox.ai/in/WasteConnections/AshleyAdamson
What we offer:
- Safety Bonuses up to $1,500 yearly.
- $2,000 Stay on Bonus for CDL licensed Drivers
- Commission Bonuses of $300.00 up to $3,500!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances of up to $175.00 a year
- year Round stable work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route sheets or Tablet and service each customer identified or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip inspections on vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and tire pressure.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:30pm, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week. With overtime often.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Automatic Side Load Truck
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A OR B CDL with air brakes endorsement is REQUIRED for this position. Or the ability to obtain one through on the job training!
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)