Heavy Duty Apprentice
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Heavy Duty Apprentice to join our team in Brantford, ON to work on a fleet of garbage trucks. As a Heavy Duty Apprentice, you will be assisting in completing brake jobs, hydraulic adjustments, along with preventative maintenance and minor engine repair. You will be responsible for maintaining Waste Connections of Canada (WCC) vehicles and equipment in a safe working order. The Heavy Duty Apprentice will work directly with the Mechanics to ensure that all vehicles meet all provincial regulations and standards, and WCC safety standards.
Full time with benefits
- Company paid benefits
- RRSP - match
- Generous boot, uniform and tool allowance
Location: 779 Powerline Rd. Brantford, ON
Shift: Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 1:00 am
- Minimum 2nd year Heavy Duty Apprenticeship
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment test
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washing Garbage Trucks and other equipment; moving carts, containers and bins in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner working on the wash rack as required
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are operational by conducting inspections, including water, oil, and fuel leaks; also inspects safety equipment, gauges, fluid levels
- Read the work orders to determine the day's assignment and special service instructions. Makes notes as required
- Maintain and submit a daily productivity sheet
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
APPLY TODAY! Be part of a great team!
Call Iram 416-907-5364
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse