Clerk II - PPT - SDC - OTMH
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Department: Surgical Program - Surgical Day Care
Status: Permanent Part-time (must provide availability of up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday; Days; 8 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for all front office clerical functions such as:
- Patient reception and registration
- Chart preparation
- Appointment booking
- Communication with physicians, staff, patients and visitors
- Answer telephone inquiries
- Order supplies
- Order entry for lab, diagnostic and doctorrequests
- Other general office duties
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent office administration diploma from a recognized college or equivalent experience required
- Medical terminology certificate or equivalent working experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of recent clerical experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Experience using patient related databases, e.g. Meditech
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Must be available for shifts on short notice
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: October 27, 2020
Internal applications due by:November 3, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.