- Waste Connections, Inc.
- El Paso,TX
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
El Paso Disposal, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate position available for a Welder/Mechanic in El Paso, Texas. In this position you will wear a few different hats but main duties will include welding, fabrication, and helping the maintenance department. This is a full time, long term position with a great company. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and are a self-motivated, hardworking individual with good communication skills we want to talk to you.
This is a 2nd shift position.
Typical hours are:
Monday - Thursday 2:00pm -11:30pm.
Friday 1:00pm - 9:30pm.
Every other Saturday 8:00am-3:30pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform welding and fabrication types of repair on fleet vehicles.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks and work as a team.
- Includes benefits package that includes, Medical, Dental, Vision and Retiree Plan.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop or outdoors. Usually well-light and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prefer candidate with 2 years experience in Stick and MIG welding and using a cutting torch.
- Mechanical , Hydraulic and Electrical Experience a huge plus.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)