- Bourne End,BKM
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Quantitative Geoscientist to join our Geoscience Modelling consultancy team on a full time/part time basis based in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire.
Our team delivers value added consultancy solutions to clients in the Energy, Mining, Environment, Power and Infrastructure sectors. Our consulting projects range widely over hydrogeology, contaminant transport, rock stability, hydrocarbon reservoir characterisation and development, mineral extraction, and tunnelling. In this role, you will take ownership for the full lifecycle of geoscience projects from developing business, submitting bids, managing project delivery, and presenting to clients. You will be expected to innovate technical solutions, including bespoke software development, to meet clients' challenges, and coordinate small teams to implement them. You will have the opportunity to work alongside professional consultants from various discipline groups on exciting and challenging projects around the world.
This full-time position will suit someone able to demonstrate strong technical, analytical, programming and modelling skills together with an interest in applying those skills and geoscientific technologies to deliver a wide range of sub-surface consulting projects.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Conceiving and driving forward technical solutions within the global fracture modelling team, including developments of Golder's FracMan software, to stay ahead of the market;
- Maintaining close links with our clients in the Golder business sectors, including delivering software courses, seeking opportunities to offer our existing consulting services or innovate new solutions to clients' needs;
- Leading business development and major proposals to help develop our portfolio of modelling projects;
- Delivering bespoke projects across hydrogeology, geomechanics, data management, and coupled physical processes;
- Communicate project deliverables to clients and be an advocate for our modelling services to external and internal stakeholders;
- Achieve and maintain a chargeability to be agreed with your People Manager and reviewed annually or as determined by specific business need;
- Working with our international team of scientists and engineers to innovate efficient and comprehensive workflows; and
- Staying up to date with technological advances and industry trends in the field of geoscience modelling.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Consulting experience of delivering earth science related solutions in the Energy and Environment sectors;
- Strong track record of development and use of numerical modelling tools and techniques in hydrogeological, geomechanical, fluid dynamics or geophysics applications;
- Ability to demonstrate a resourceful approach to work, displaying initiative and decision-making skills;
- A proficiency in uncertainty characterisation (probability theory, techniques and software);
- Successful experience of preparing bids to competitive tender processes;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, with the ability to both absorb and impart information;
- Excellent technical writing ability and reporting skills in English;
- Confident in liaising with clients and managing professional relationships;
- Experienced in Project Management delivery of consulting projects;
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development and continuous improvement of industry knowledge; and
- Master's degree (PhD preferable) in an Earth or Physical Science related field.
In addition, one or more of the following skills will strengthen the application:
- Experience of software development in languages such as Fortran, C , or Java;
- Experience of scripting languages including Python;
- Experience in developing data management and visualisation systems;
- Experience in constructing discrete fracture network models.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George