- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position : Registered Practical Nurse
Department : Emergency
Status : Temporary Part-time for approx. 1 year
Hours: Monday to Sunday,various rotating 7.5 hour shifts(hours are subject to change based on operational requirements).
This is what you’ll be doing:
Work as a Registered Practical Nurse providing nursing care for Emergency patients in a fast-paced area. As well, the successful incumbent will be responsible for patient registration during the night shift.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire.
- Recent acute medical experience.
- Excellent patient assessment skills or willingness to take Patient Assessment 1
- Advanced RPN and assessment skills including aseptic technique, N/G insertion, suctioning and airway maintenance, venipuncture skills.
- Medication administration certificate required.
- Required for stable patient transport.
- Performance of ECG.
- Organized and with ability to work in a team environment.
- Caring, compassionate, customer focused attitude towards patients and families.
- Good team player with positive attitude.
- Evidence of continued learning.
- Must be physically able to do the job, which involves heavy lifting and intensive physical effort.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Salary Scale: $28.82 to $31.17 per hour
Date Posted: October 29, 2020
Internal applications due by: November 5, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.