- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our team full-time based in Adelaide where you will undertake routine field and laboratory testing on soil, aggregate, rock and other materials and be required to fly in fly out (FIFO) when needed.
Key duties, responsibilities and involvements will include:
- Conducting testing of soil grading, Atterberg limits, compaction, CBR and routine field testing;
- Assisting with the maintenance, calibration and set up of equipment for use in testing in line with NATA standards;
- Operating testing equipment e.g. nuclear densometer gauge, compaction equipment;
- Providing support with shipping, receiving, logging, handling, storage and disposal of samples;
- Undertaking classification and testing of samples for analysis with senior review;
- Undertaking basic calculations and data entry for reporting in line with NATA standards;
- Liaising with internal and external clients, with a focus on delivering against project deadlines; and
- Displaying a safety first attitude and identifying reporting near misses and incidents in the HSE learnings database.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Manual drivers licence;
- Experience in laboratory and field testing of soil and aggregate to NATA standards;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and basic mathematical skills; and
- Ability to work and communicate well with clients.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm. Golder offers unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to our clients.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Two Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) Faculty Positi…
Indigenous Student Success Navigator
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer