Front End Garbage Truck Driver
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Experienced **Front End Garbage Truck Driver**
Please apply with your resume and abstract
- Benefits: Full Benefit package after 3 months of service
- Annual boot and clothing allowance
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for drivers in Edmonton, AB to help shape our organization into one of the premier waste companies in North America.
The Driver ensures safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading/unloading. The driver drives to customer location for pick up, and hoists bin onto truck to empty contents using a hydraulic lift. The driver proceeds to subsequent customers until the truck has a full load, and then dumps the load at a transfer station before continuing customer pickups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving and loading.
- Drive to customer location for pickup, and position truck safely to ensure an easy lift.
- Hoist bin onto truck and empty contents using hydraulic lift. (Note: for front load, side load).
- Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service.
- Pre and Post trip inspections.
- Document any concerns to be checked by mechanic and complete VCR.
- Must have a valid Class 3 or 1 AB Driver's license
- Must be able to supply steel toe boots.
- Capable of problem solving, critical thinking, job task planning, map/address reading, organizing and significant use of memory.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check and drug test.
- Must be able to supply a clean, commercial driver abstract.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast paced environment.
- Able to perform physical labor including pushing, pulling, reaching above and below shoulder, standing, stooping, crouching, bending and carrying over 50 lbs.
- Work performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is not a "just driving" job. This position contains approximately 80% driving & 20% labor.
Come join a great group of drivers who work together to ensure the job gets done every day while maintaining a focus on safety, integrity and customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please note - only successful candidates will be contacted
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse