- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Sweet Home,OR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Sweet Home Sanitation, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Seasonal CDL Driver to join our team in Sweet Home, OR! This will be Commercial rear Load and Residential Automated Side Load
The typical schedule is Monday-Friday, starting at 5:00am to 2:30-3:30 Hours vary from 40 - 55 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. This will be a relief driver route, but will mainly consist of driving a rear load truck, occasionally in a side load truck
• Ability to read route tablets and service each customer identified on the route or assigned by the dispatcher.
• Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
• Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
• Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
• Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
• The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
• Clean driving record.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services