- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Control, a Waste Connections company, is hiring for Local Long Haul Truck Driver to join the team in Longview, Washington!
Schedule- Monday - Friday 5:00am to 4:000pm with Occasional Overtime.
We offercompetitive wagesalong with acomprehensive benefits package. If you are a dependable, team-oriented and service-driven person, with a passion for the environment, we may be the perfect place for you. Contact us today! As a CDL Driveryou need to be reliable, safety-minded, and committed to providing exceptional customer service. You should also be highly organized with strong time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with both customers and colleagues.
Truck driving professionals, are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity with an industry-leading company? Join us at Waste Control! Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
What we offer our Employees;
- Competitive Compensation
- Safety Bonuses$$
- Yearly Boot Allowance$$
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Valid Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement Required
- Ability to Operate and maneuver Tractor trailer hauling a 53' Foot Trailer
- Ability to read route sheets or Tablet and service each customer identified or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip inspections on vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and tire pressure.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The schedule will be Monday - Friday day shift, 45-50 hours per week, 5am to 4:00pm.
- Ability to work a physically demanding job.
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily assignments
- Clean driving record.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)