- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We have an immediate position available for a Laborer/Scale Clerk at our Transfer Station in Wichita, KS. In this position you will wear many hats but main duties will include flagging traffic, minor equipment use, general labor. This is a full time, long term position with a great company. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and are a self motivated, hard working individual with good communication skills we want to talk to you.
*Schedule : Wednesday to Sunday (as noted below):
Wednesday- Friday: 9am-6pm
- Perform assigned duties working at the transfer facility
- Help the movement of waste through the facility sorting line
- General site clean up
- Flagging / Directing traffic as it comes through.
- Operate the Scale House as needed, which includes checking in customers, weighing tonnage, and managing payment and money functions
Ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 1 year of work experience. Preferably in a position where you utilize customer service skills .
- The ability to stand outside throughout a 10 hr shift.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- Must pass drug screen and pre-employment background check.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services