ORANGE HALL TEAM ASSISTANT
Job ID: 3628
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
ORANGE HALL TEAM ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Regional Administrative Services Manager, the Orange Hall Team Assistant provides portfolio administration, tenant support functions, accounts payable and administrative support in the delivery of supportive housing options to vulnerable populations in Greater Vancouver, Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Sunshine Coast, including the Downtown East Side of Vancouver. He/She/They maintains frequent liaison with non-profit societies, community groups, health authority agents, government agencies and staff related to affordable and/or supported housing programs. The incumbent may be required to rotate through various functions.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent with completion of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration.
- Minimum three years related experience, including at least two years providing information to the public.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Downtown East Side populations, non-profit societies and related issues.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- Sound knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds who may be under the influence of substances and/or mental health disability episodes.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Ability to demonstrate patience when dealing with a wide range of clients including individuals who have English as a second language and clients with a range of disabilities.
- Ability to investigate and solve problems creatively and within established guidelines.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure in a demanding and volatile atmosphere.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to type minimum 50 words per minute.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers