Product Safety Engineer - Hazardous Locations
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
CSA Group and operates globally providing certification of management systems, personnel and products.
A Product Safety Engineer is required to join our team working on compliance certification of hazardous location equipment. You should have experience in this area and be familiar with Hazloc standards and global certification. You should be able to work to ATEX, IECEx and North American requirements. Successful applicants will be customer-focused and have a background in manufacturing, process, or compliance assessment.
In addition, good communication, problem solving and project management skills are essential. Ideal candidates will be based at our Edmonton location.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards
- Specify and in some cases, conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients’ premises
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted on-time, within budget and in accordance with quality requirements
Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- A Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Experience in hazardous location equipment.
- Prior experience in product certification is highly desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail.
- Application of technical judgements where necessary.
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel for short periods, mainly overnight but up to 1 week occasionally.