Product Safety Engineer - Hazardous Locations
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
- Evaluate equipment for certification against published standards, for example, IEC, EN, CSA or UL.
- Formulate, and in some cases conduct, appropriate test plans. Analyze test data to determine compliance with applicable requirements of standards.
- Provide certification services for CSA clients for Hazardous Locations products, for example, intrinsic safety, explosion-proof, dust ignition-proof.
- Conduct on-site evaluation and/or testing at clients’ premises. This may involve foreign travel.
- Prepare certification reports, certificates of compliance and other related certification documentation.
- Ensure that project work is conducted safely, in accordance procedures, and is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Proactively coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interface with customers, certification staff with own and other groups and laboratory technicians on any certification related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario as an EIT or P.Eng.
1-8 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail.
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel in North America and overseas for short periods.
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills.
- Able to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment.
- Knowledge of CSA programs and services is desirable.
- Experience as fully qualified project holder, preferably with Hazardous Locations products is desirable.
- Working knowledge of safety standards for North America, IECEx and ATEX, particularly for Hazardous Locations is highly preferred.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George