Product Safety Certifier – Functional Safety
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
- Makes technical decisions based on knowledge, training and experience to maintain the integrity of the CSA Mark.
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate, assess, and Certify products to the following Standards but not limited to IEC/UL/CSA 60730-1, IEC/UL/CSA 60730-2-X, CSA/UL 62841-1, UL 991, and CSA C22.2 No. 0.8.
- Formulate, and in some cases conduct, appropriate test plans, analyze test data to determine compliance with applicable requirements of standards.
- Experience on delivering FMEA, fault applied to circuit, and functional safety analysis, in particular with in depth understanding of electronics circuity and broad exposure to different complex control circuits.
- Capable to identify safety critical functions, and strong background in class B and class C software assessment.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in assessing Embedded hardware design and Software design for critical safety products
- Prepares project quotation proposals and scope of deliverable for clients, working with the commercial team and as required with the technical operations staff.
- Conducts on-site assessments witness testing, and technical audit at the clients’ premises and be willing to travel (North America, Asia, Europe).
- Manages the relationship with clients by determining client needs and expectations.
- Interfaces with certification staff with own and other groups and laboratory technicians on any certification related activities.
- Conducts on-site evaluation and/or testing at clients’ premises. This may involve foreign travel.
- Prepares certification reports, certificates of compliance and other related certification documentation.
- Shares knowledge with other staff and CSA Group as a whole through written or verbal communication and training events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Product Group Manager to support cross CSA group programs.
- Proactively coordinates and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologist/Technician diploma (OACETT or Equivalent) or Certified Engineering Technologist
- 1 - 8 years’ experience in Functional Safety Certifications
- Knowledge of CSA Group’s or other organizations’ certification standards and programs is required.
- Knowledge of the home and commercial appliances standards is an asset.
- Knowledge of the industrial functional safety and safety of machinery is an asset.
- Knowledge of CSA Certification Process and CSA based Standards would be an asset
- Knowledge of CSA programs as required such as auditing for SMT, CPC, WMTC is an asset.
- Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact effectively and efficiently with internal customers as well as well as external.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite), and as required learn and be proficient in CSA programs (Centra, Documentum, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work well under tight schedule in a team environment
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with an eagerness to learn
- Effective time and project management skills in order to efficiently handle a variety and multiple project requests (quotations, certification projects, etc.) in order to meet on time delivery and improve turnaround timelines for customer project completion dates.
More search results
Saskatoon Police Service – Director of Equity, Di…
Dean, Learning, Teaching and Scholarship
Research Associate, Indigenous Markets Canada-wide
Security Services Agent
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity