BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
- Makes technical decisions based on knowledge, training and experience to maintain the integrity of the CSA Mark.
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate, assess, and Certify products to the following Standards but not limited to IEC/UL/CSA 60730-1, IEC/UL/CSA 60730-2-X, CSA/UL 62841-1, UL 991, and CSA C22.2 No. 0.8.
- Formulate, and in some cases conduct, appropriate test plans, analyze test data to determine compliance with applicable requirements of standards.
- Experience on delivering FMEA, fault applied to circuit, and functional safety analysis, in particular with in depth understanding of electronics circuity and broad exposure to different complex control circuits.
- Capable to identify safety critical functions, and strong background in class B and class C software assessment.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in assessing Embedded hardware design and Software design for critical safety products
- Prepares project quotation proposals and scope of deliverable for clients, working with the commercial team and as required with the technical operations staff.
- Conducts on-site assessments witness testing, and technical audit at the clients’ premises and be willing to travel (North America, Asia, Europe).
- Manages the relationship with clients by determining client needs and expectations.
- Interfaces with certification staff with own and other groups and laboratory technicians on any certification related activities.
- Conducts on-site evaluation and/or testing at clients’ premises. This may involve foreign travel.
- Prepares certification reports, certificates of compliance and other related certification documentation.
- Shares knowledge with other staff and CSA Group as a whole through written or verbal communication and training events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Product Group Manager to support cross CSA group programs.
- Proactively coordinates and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologist/Technician diploma (OACETT or Equivalent) or Certified Engineering Technologist
- 1 - 8 years’ experience in Functional Safety Certifications
- Knowledge of CSA Group’s or other organizations’ certification standards and programs is required.
- Knowledge of the home and commercial appliances standards is an asset.
- Knowledge of the industrial functional safety and safety of machinery is an asset.
- Knowledge of CSA Certification Process and CSA based Standards would be an asset
- Knowledge of CSA programs as required such as auditing for SMT, CPC, WMTC is an asset.
- Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact effectively and efficiently with internal customers as well as well as external.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite), and as required learn and be proficient in CSA programs (Centra, Documentum, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work well under tight schedule in a team environment
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with an eagerness to learn
- Effective time and project management skills in order to efficiently handle a variety and multiple project requests (quotations, certification projects, etc.) in order to meet on time delivery and improve turnaround timelines for customer project completion dates.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services