Project Manager - Energy Efficiency
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
CSA Group has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager, Energy Efficiency reporting to the Program Manager, Energy Efficiency, ICT and Renewable Energy.
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will interact with industry experts, academia, researchers, and government officials, facilitating technical discussions and promoting consensus to develop leading-edge standards solutions. Working with stakeholders and applying industry knowledge, you will identify and assess new business opportunities (e.g., new standards, funding, and education/training programs).
CSA’s Energy Efficiency standards team manages a portfolio of standards and guidelines that includes the performance of electrical equipment with coverage in HVAC&R, industrial equipment, residential & consumer products, lighting, and broad systems level development in building energy performance.
As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of standards and business development activities within the Program. This includes:
- Overseeing all aspects of assigned projects within the program area, the role emphasizes management, leadership and soft skills, however requires the ability to speak to complex subjects as a credible professional.
- Establishing timelines for project activities, determining project resource requirements (e.g. funding, personnel support), and assembling overall project schedules
- Utilizing strong business acumen and planning skills to determine and manage the resources (time, budget, quality, etc.) required to complete the project
- Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships (with academia, regulators, industry, etc.)
- Promoting and improving committee efficiency, evaluating member performance and taking action as required
- The management of standards development activities in existing areas, as well as conducting business development initiatives to expand the portfolio into new areas of the Program
- Consulting with clients and other areas of CSA Group’s business to support development of standards and assess the impact of standards
- Liaising with clients, management, Legal and Finance to compose proposals, contracts, and financial analysis for new projects.
- This dynamic role requires a sound understanding of the various processes and procedures of CSA Group, many of which are mandated under the accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). A key element of the Project Manager role is to ensure that these processes and procedures are adhered to, and that project timelines are achieved within the defined budget.
Bachelor’s or technical degree in an engineering discipline or related area of study
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience, including 3-5 years of experience in the energy sector
- Experience in writing and presenting business and project proposals
- Acquired knowledge of the standards’ industry, government policy, regulatory environment, industry landscape and funding programs/models would be an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or multi-stakeholder groups would be an asset
- Excellent people skills: managing relationships, facilitating and networking with people at all levels including those with divergent interests, backgrounds and goals.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including experience and comfort with delivering presentations and writing technical documents, proposals and business plans.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills
- High degree of self-motivation, resilience, adaptability and flexibility.
- Strong leadership, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Creative, participative and flexible approach to managing work assignments.
- Strong computer skills (word processing, presentation software, project planning software, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
Some travel will be required.