Project Manager - Information and Communications Technology
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
CSA Group has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) reporting to the Program Manager, Energy Efficiency, ICT and Renewable Energy.
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will interact with industry experts, academia, researchers, and government officials, facilitating technical discussions and promoting consensus to develop leading-edge standards solutions. Working with stakeholders and applying industry knowledge, you will identify and assess new business opportunities (e.g., new standards, funding, and education/training programs).
CSA’s ICT standards team manages a portfolio of standards and guidelines that cover subject areas that include security, privacy, safety, data management and more.
As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of standards and business development activities within the ICT program. This includes:
- Developing and supporting new standards solutions within functional application domains (such as connected & autonomous vehicles, intelligent buildings, ICT enabled health care services etc) by leveraging existing ICT standards and best practices.
- Conduct road mapping exercises to highlight standards gaps and opportunities
- Facilitating the development of standards by CSA Group volunteer committee members, including convening in-person and virtual meetings.
- Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
- Establishing and actively managing project processes and schedules, resource requirements (e.g., funding, personnel), costs, quality and risk.
- Day-to-day management of committee activities, including maintaining records and draft standards.
- Collaborating with committee leadership (Chair, Vice-Chair) to manage committee operations and membership, including member recruitment.
- Liaising with internal and external partners including clients, management, editorial and production, legal and finance to deliver projects and to develop new business opportunities.
- Participating on internal task teams as required (e.g., business or process improvement, research).
This dynamic role requires a sound understanding of the various processes and procedures of CSA Group, many of which are mandated under the accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). A key element of the Project Manager role is to ensure that these processes and procedures are adhered to, and that project timelines are achieved within the defined budget.
Bachelor’s or technical degree in Computer Science or related area of study
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience, including 3-5 years of experience in a product/systems application environment
- Experience in developing and articulating ICT-based system level solutions within functional application domains
- Acquired knowledge of the standards’ industry, government policy, industry landscape and funding/business models would be an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or multi-stakeholder groups would be an asset
- Strong technical understanding of areas such as system integration, web services, data management, security, privacy, etc
- Working knowledge of IT systems and processes
- Excellent people skills: managing relationships, facilitating and networking with people at all levels with divergent interests, backgrounds and goals.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including experience and comfort with delivering presentations and with writing technical documents, proposals and business plans.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills. Detail and process orientation
- High degree of self-motivation, resilience, adaptability and flexibility.
- Strong leadership, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and build capacity of peers.
- Creative, participative and flexible approach to managing work assignments.
- Strong computer skills (word processing, presentation software, project planning software, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
Some travel will be required.