BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
We are looking for an experienced and creative strategic Marketing Manager to join an innovative marketing team that plays a critical role in the growth of CSA Group, ultimately leading to a safer world.
The key responsibility of this role will be to develop and manage global marketing programs aligned to an annual strategic marketing plan. The primary objectives of the role are to support commercial business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention and provide sales support.
A cross-functional role requiring;
- Strategic marketing planning
- Thorough understanding of the service offering of the respective commercial units
- Content strategy and development
- Creative marketing tactic development
- Publication/media advertising
- Social media content development
- Event management
This role will be responsible for managing the strategic global marketing initiatives for the Healthcare and Cross Market Services commercial units.
- Responsible for the creation of annual strategic marketing plans aligned to the business objectives of the healthcare and cross market commercial units.
- Build marketing programs to support specific commercial business objectives across different channels in alignment with the overall strategic marketing plan.
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for marketing programs to meet required business objectives.
- Be a subject matter expert of the respective business unit including in- depth knowledge of service offering and customer applications, market conditions and competitive landscape.
- Deep understanding of customer segmentation, buyer personas and journeys as well as buying behavior, gained through research and sales and stakeholder engagement.
- Execute marketing plans with strategic tactics from start to finish to meet lead generation objectives of the commercial units.
- Liaise with commercial unit leaders and content developers to define a content strategy that takes into account strategic positioning and messaging to address customer needs.
- Develop content, aligned with the content strategy, for the CSA Group website, landing pages, customer emails and social media.
- Stay abreast of industry and customer trends by monitoring market activity through research, internal reports, articles and sales dialogue.
- Lead customer engagement programs and trade activities including events, trade and media publications, associations and social media.
- Leverage the principles of project management to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Analyze ROI on all marketing activities and outline key areas of opportunity with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Interact with other marketing teams and internal stakeholders to get alignment of marketing objectives and timelines.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to develop marketing collateral.
Education & Experience:
- College/university degree in marketing or business administration or equivalent experience in a sales/marketing
- 7+ years of B2B strategic marketing experience
- 5 years of demonstrable success in similar roles
- MBA is an asset
- Engineering or technical background is an asset
- A seasoned professional with experience in strategic marketing and tactic implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – exceptional at writing customer facing content
- Strong ability to develop, execute and analyze marketing campaigns
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing trends
- Passion for strategic marketing and driving results