BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
CSA Group has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Market Analysis and Planning based out of Toronto.
The Manager, Market Analysis and Planning works closely with the Commercial Vice President, Home and Commercial and Global Business Directors as well as collaborates with the Strategic Development team to bring analytical capabilities to drive strategic insights. This role is responsible for developing the existing service (product) portfolio, managing specific projects in support of portfolio expansion, and growing our business by driving market development through execution of our global strategy.
- Acts as a key player in the development of a comprehensive, integrated strategic insights function to enable coherence between strategy & market planning, product/service management, and go-to-market & customer execution.
- Accountable for recommending improvements and standardization of decision-making to establish common analytical processes and tools, and clarify accountabilities with measurable goals and plans.
- Acts as a constructive “thought partner” to the Home and Commercial unit to offer objective diagnostic and strategic perspective, and facilitate decision-making, particularly around business investment, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Leads cross- functional teams to design and operationalize an efficient growth-oriented capital prioritization process to boost innovation and optimize service portfolio across locations.
- Manages and expands the use of knowledge assets to identify critical issues and opportunities, develop innovative solutions, and drive synergistic opportunities across locations.
- Monitors and takes appropriate actions based on Sales reporting data to enable business improvement opportunities.
- Use market intelligence and data to analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape to recommend future pipeline necessary for market leadership in targeted segments.
- Deploys performance management practices to steer towards achievement of the strategic plan; capture and synthesize learnings to evolve strategy as necessary.
- Represents the Commercial Unit and leads engagements to bring new programs to market assuring on time launch and progress by all related stakeholders and follow up measurement.
- Prepares compelling and succinct communications on complex strategic issues on behalf of the Commercial Vice President and other Executive/Senior Leaders.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to lead or support all aspects of portfolio management including: research, forecasting, budgeting, marketing planning, sales and customer training, product improvements, marketing literature & messaging, and ongoing promotion campaigns and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, engineering or related technical field.
- MBA, or equivalent advanced degree focused on Strategy and Technology is preferable.
- 5-7 years of strategy consulting and/or business development experience as well as sales and marketing.
- Minimum 3 years Project/Program Management and/or Strategic or Management Consulting or similar experience.
- Strong experience in strategic transformation initiatives, process re-engineering, and IT programs.
- Solid research, market and finance analysis and analytical skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and ownership.
- Ability to work across functions to prioritize and drive strategic objectives.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid influencing skills to enable motivation of teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in writing proposals, business plans and technical documents.