- Waste Connections, Inc.
- North Charleston,SC
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are currently seeking a Landfill Managerwith strong leadership qualities to lead our daily operations at ourLandfill in Dorchester, SC
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Manages the day-to-day operations at the landfill and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market's strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- 5 or more years of landfill experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in heavy construction, and/or environmental field services.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Majority of work will be conducted hands on in the field.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Geology or equivalent experience
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities is a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services