- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are looking for a safety conscience Class A CDL Driver to join the team at our Hauling location in Shelton, WA . Previous waste experience would be a huge plus !
Drivers are responsible for collecting and hand loading residential and commercial waste, as well as transporting this waste by a tractor-trailer to a landfill and/or transfer station.
- Performs complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential and commercial rearload routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors.
- Reads and maintains, in sequential order, tablet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day Follows all safety policies and procedures as well as attend weekly safety meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED certification
- Valid Class A CDL.
- Must meet Waste Connections Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
- Must be able to work early morning shift starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Must be able to read and fill out necessary paperwork completely.
- Communicate clearly to customers, dispatcher, and supervisors.
As part of the daily routine, this position will require near-continuous physical exertion such as repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling receptacles that weigh up to 65 pounds. The waste receptacles may or may not have wheels or handles for maneuverability, and the driver must have the physical strength to adjust them accordingly. This physically strenuous position also involves mounting and dismounting the truck (several) times every day rain or shine.
Job incumbents must be able to:
- Work over 40 hours a week and up to 60 hours a week.
- Push/pull containers weighing up to 300 pounds repeatedly throughout the workday. Pick up cans and dump in rearload truck weighing up to 65 lbs.
- Climb into and out of truck up to 150 - 300 times throughout the workday.
- Driver must be able to read and understand a map, complete a daily driver log as well as pre and post trip truck inspections.
- Work independently while driving refuse truck on route
- Routes must be completed daily in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions
- Work hours will vary by route.
- Truck may or may not have air conditioning
- Constant exposure to unpleasant sights and smells
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com !
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse