- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Applications Analyst
Department: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Hours: Monday to Friday; Days; May require some off-shift or weekend work. Subject to change based on operational requirements
Site: Primarily Oakville, travel to Milton and Georgetown may be required
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
The Application Analyst reports to the Manager, Applications and Integration. They will participate in a variety of projects, in a variety of roles including Project Manager, to assist with evaluating, procuring, implementing, and supporting a broad range of systems and applications. The analyst must have the ability to organize and conduct user training, prepare/update training and reference manuals and other support material, and become familiar with other core applications and the underlying technical environment in order to provide backup for other application analysts and participate in the on call rotation.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; are team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Information Technology Degree or Diploma or equivalent education/work experience
- A minimum 5 yrs experience in anApplications Analyst role in a healthcare environment
- Sound knowledge of Meditech Client Server 5.6x and Expanse
- Previous experience Project Managing MEDITECH upgrades; software installations and system rebuilds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product line including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint, and Project
- Experienced in implementing/supporting wide variety of systems/applications, workflow analysis, and benefits maximization
- Excellent communication/business analysis/problem solving/root cause analysis skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of interface engines and scripting applications an asset
- PMP designation an asset
- Previous experience training adult computer users with positive outcomes
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities with competing priorities in a fast-paced progressive environment
- Must be well-organized, self-directed, and be able to interact patiently and effectively with staff
- Must be physically able to do the job
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: November 3, 2020
Internal applications due by: November 10, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George