- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At XPO Logistics, one of the world's leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As a Material Handler, you'll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You'll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a rapidly growing global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist with shipping and receiving activities, including unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing orders to sales associates for processing
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools and other stock items; distribute items to shipping team
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic
- Complete your work in a safe manner; adhere to all safety policies and procedures
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- The ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
- Dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight or Less-than-Truckload (LTL) environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George