Senior Media Production Safety Consultant (Field Based)
- ERM Consultants Canada Ltd.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ERM is hiring experienced Media Health & Safety Consultant to join our successful and rapidly growing team throughout Canada.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic that has affected the demand for increased media content development and production, we have identified the need for health and safety consultants experienced in Production and On-Set Safety to help our clients develop and implement safety guidelines and protocols to protect their workforce from potential health effects related to COVID-19 when resuming production.
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability services to world class leading companies. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. We invite you to join us in contributing to a progressive and sustainable future!
- Spend time on-site and sets with clients throughout Canada to help solve their most pressing Production related challenges.
- Assist the world’s most innovative Production companies develop and produce world-class safety solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues and their performance improvement needs.
- Serve as the ERM subject matter expert on all environmental, health and safety activities related to Production including but not limited to entertainment sector specifics, construction safety, coaching and training, and property management.
- Evaluate Production concepts, scripts, pitches, sets, stages, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks. Opine on plans for stunts and special effects scenarios.
- Assist in the evaluation of field shooting locations to evaluate the potential hazards/conditions that could negatively impact production.
- Direct the design and implementation of Production-related health and safety programs for our clients that achieve and maintain compliance, and reduce the risk of injury and illness.
- Improve safety by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers and other Production staff. Work with the Production team in the planning and execution phase of the projects.
- Respond to, and investigate Production and other related emergencies, incidents and accidents.
- Coordinate, develop and/or implement training for Production personnel to increase understanding of risks and protective measures.
- Maintain positive relationships with industry safety organizations and regulatory agencies for the facility.
- Assist with permits, regulatory inspections, incident reporting and other aspects of program documentation.
- Build a network within and outside of ERM that will enable you to leverage your skills and solve challenging multi-disciplinary client challenges.
- Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to exceed their expectations.
- Manage a variety of projects to achieve scope, budget and schedule targets while ensuring we meet and exceed our clients expectations on deliverables.
- Work with various project teams to effectively delegate assignments, and act as a mentor to more junior staff members. Train the next generation of health and safety leaders!
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of professional EHS experience with a concentration in Production (filmed and live content capture) safety experience working for a studio, or other Production entity, or equivalent.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the motion picture and television Production process and the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) safety guidelines.
- BS/MS in Health & Safety, Occupational Health, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations (OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, etc.) In depth understanding of Chapter 48 of the California Fire Code expected.
- Travel with a variety of clients is expected. You may be required to travel to other states or countries depending on the Production location, and investigate and comply the applicable regulations in these locations.
- Training as a Fire Safety Officer for film Production fire safety a plus.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to identify and respond rapidly to safety issues that could present themselves during the course of normal Production activities.
- Must have the ability to interact with regulatory agencies, company management, Productions and studio personnel in a professional manner.
- Must be a good team player with strong communications skills that can think fast on their feet, especially during challenging situations.
- Must have the ability to deal with ambiguity from clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to work independently without direct management supervision.
- Must have a current passport and ability to obtain legal right to work in the USA and Canada.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Two Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) Faculty Positi…
Indigenous Student Success Navigator
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer