- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position will plan, design, develop and test embedded software for infrared and sensing systems working in a fast-paced team on the most popular thermal products in the world. The role will be responsible for taking proposed algorithms and implementing them in embedded software. The implementation will include coding, testing, and optimizing. Optimization may include writing assemble code as needed. The position will also be part of a team that defines and implements our next generation automotive and general-purpose thermal camera. This person will help specify tools, processes, and software architecture used.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting Boson infrared camera product line with new software features and optimizations
- Supporting software design and development of next generation automotive and general-purpose cameras
- Work closely with VSPA team to implement and optimize new image processing algorithms
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce
- BS/MS or equivalent education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related scientific degree
- 10 years+ experience in C programming in embedded system with real-time requirements
- Deep understanding and experience in developing C and assembly language software for SIMD architectures
- Ability to understand both the hardware and software components of the embedded systems under development
- Excellent knowledge of hardware subsystems and common peripheral buses I2C, SPI, USB, etc.
- Ability to setup various embedded tool chains, build and debugging environments and use of debugging tools like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Deep understanding of image processing algorithms
- Ability to work unsupervised on challenging problems in cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written skills – especially the ability to distill complex technical details into documentation
- Superior embedded software debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in collaborative, fast paced environments
- Ability to succinctly present technical ideas in presentations
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services