- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is looking for a safety conscience Container Delivery Driver to join our GROWING team in Denver, Colorado.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we do:
We provide trash and recycle services along with Portable Toilet solutions to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating our Container Delivery Truck to provide the carts and containers in neighborhoods.
This includes duties such:
- Operate delivery truck into neighborhoods, sites and special events in a safe manner.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Perform a physically demanding job, lifting, pulling, bending and moving 50 pounds or more.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and containers of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we work with:
We work with people's personal refuse. This is a service provided year round - Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around louder pumping equipment, in not-so ideal environments or conditions. Not to mention dirty and unpleasant ones.
Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires constant exit and entry from vehicle, scrubbing containers, operating hydraulics, lifting, pushing, pulling, all solo. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Awareness of surrounding hazards and changing situations (Construction sites, parking lots, areas of large crowds).
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent hot, wet and/or rainy conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean MVR
- Comfortable with physical labor
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Availability to work Monday - Friday, occasional Saturdays starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-55 hours a week.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Two Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) Faculty Positi…
Indigenous Student Success Navigator
School for the Contemporary Arts - Tier 2 Canada …
Simon Fraser University, School for the Contemporary Arts
Provost and Chief Academic Officer