- Water Service Corporation
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities, and our ability to leverage that expertise to structure tailored solutions for our customers.
We have an immediate opening for the full-time position of Utility Operator Level 2 in the Squamish corridor, BC region. This position will appeal to a self-starting, hardworking individual looking for the opportunity to participate in a dynamic growth-oriented organization.
Corix rewards our exceptional employees for their hard work and contributions. These benefits include competitive compensation packages, retirement benefits, a comprehensive flexible health care plan, tuition reimbursement program, unique and flexible work environments.
What you'll do
Work in plant and field environments; some exposure to wastewater, chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise; heavy lifting/moving, standing, climbing. May work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions. Will participate in on call rotation and scheduled overtime as required.
- Operate, inspect and service equipment in water and wastewater;
- Perform preventive maintenance and ensure maintenance and plant records are accurate and up-to date;
- Interpret lab results and evaluate plant operation and systems performance against performance objectives; investigate and undertake corrective action where necessary;
- Undertake routine repairs to water distribution and wastewater treatment and collection systems;
- Operate related maintenance tools and equipment including utility-related computer programs.
Who you are
- Level II operator certification and a minimum of 5 years' experience;
- Post-secondary education, training and/or certifications of the previously mentioned levels of certifications;
- Field experience in electrical or mechanical trades an asset;
- Knowledge of performing regular inspections of the sewer collection system, locating and inspecting manholes and the sewage lift station, and facilitating repairs as required an asset;
- Good mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to maintain logs as required using MS Word and MS Excel and to communicate via email using MS Outlook;
- Valid Class 5 driver's license (must be able to provide driver's abstract).
If this sounds like you, come join our team of more than 1,300 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion, and a genuine sense of pride to their work.
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations available upon request. Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private sector customers. Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve. We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George