- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic at our Seabreeze Landfill site in Angleton, Texas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of power-train, electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as dozers, compactors, excavators, ADT's, etc. Perform power washing on heavy equipment during routine preventative maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take place in the landfill.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, from 6 am - 5 pm and every other Saturday (half day).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box.
- 5 years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services