FT - Case Manager - Mental Health Day Program
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Case Manager
Department: Mental Health Day Program
Hours: Monday to Friday, days, 8 hour shifts, 8:30-4:30 (hours are subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
The Adult Mental Health Day Program is seeking a clinician with solid knowledge and experience with persons with mental illness.The focus of the day program is on crisis management, symptoms stabilization, education, group and individual counselling and coordination of resources for follow up after discharge. The successful candidate has current registration with their respective college and demonstrates strong leadership skills. As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will provide assessments and treatment planning for clients, develop and implement groups and demonstrate strong group facilitation skills.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current college registration is required (RN, MSW, OT)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills needed
- Knowledge and experience in patient focused goal setting and the use of outcome measures
- Program development and group facilitation skills
- Must be flexible and show an ability to work collaboratively within a interdisciplinary team
- Liaise with community partners, family physicians and case managers to advocate for this population
- Develop programming based on best practice
- Excellent problem solving and conflict/crisis resolution skills
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other related legislation
- Ability to adapt to the demands of a constantly changing workload
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
- Other duties as assigned
Date Posted: November 5, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees: November 12, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate.
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services