Access & Assessment Coordinator (Orange Hall)
ACCESS & ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR
Job ID: 3617
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
ACCESS & ASSESSMENT CO-ORDINATOR
The Access & Assessment Coordinator leads the planning and implementation of the Coordinated Access and Assessment (CAA) initiative at the community level, working closely with community partners in housing the homeless, hard-to-house or those with multiple barriers in appropriate placements along the housing continuum. He/She/They are responsible for conducting assessments of applicants through the Supported Housing Registry, assigning applicants to specific programs and vacancies and works with a variety of stakeholders to improve coordination and service quality in the homeless serving sector.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum four years progressively more complex and responsible work experience in community settings, working with homeless populations or other diverse populations with complex social and/or health care needs and/or behavioural issues.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different types of mental health and/or addiction housing models.
- Sound knowledge of BC Housing’s programs and services relating to homelessness.
- Sound knowledge of current social issues including homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in psychosocial rehabilitation and Housing First principles.
- Sound knowledge of government and non-profit agencies in the community served, and the role of community health resources and other social services.
- Sound knowledge of the signs and symptoms of common medical and psychiatric conditions, substance abuse and the different types of treatment programs for substance abuse.
- Intermediate level skills with computer applications and software including MS Office applications and knowledge of complex database structures.
- Demonstrated negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop positive working relationships with other agencies and services providers.
- Proven strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to present program information, deliver training programs and work collaboratively with a variety of community stakeholders.
- Ability to provide critical event stress management and defusing services to individuals following a traumatic event.
- Ability to provide consultation services, crisis intervention and initiate/coordinate referrals to external agencies for services.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment; proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Requires travel and to work periodic evenings; transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the position. For positions outside of the Lower Mainland, extensive travel required. Valid BC Driver’s License required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers