Director, Lower Mainland, Non-Profit
DIRECTOR, LOWER MAINLAND, NON-PROFIT
Job ID: 3533
SHORT-TERM (APRX 12 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
DIRECTOR, LOWER MAINLAND, NON-PROFIT
Reporting to the Vice President Operations, the Director - Lower Mainland Non-Profit is responsible for leading the provision of financial, operational and management consulting services to Reporting to the Associate Vice President Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Valley Operations, the Director - Lower Mainland Non-Profit is responsible for leading the provision of financial, operational and management consulting services to Non-Profit partners providing housing and housing support programs and services for vulnerable populations in the Lower Mainland. He/she/they provides leadership, advice and guidance in developing and implementing social housing and program support strategies. The position directs a program of operational reviews and manages the flow of subsidies for housing and housing support programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in public health, public administration, social or urban planning or a related discipline.
- Considerable experience in leading the provision of general management, operational and financial consultation and advice within the non-profit sector. Considerable experience in organizational performance and change management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and standards relating to the development and implementation of social housing and support services, particularly for vulnerable populations
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the functioning of non-profit societies
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s mandate, strategies, programs and policies in delivering social housing programs through non-profit partnerships
- Ability to establish and foster constructive working relationships with non-profit societies, community groups, government agencies, health authorities and local governments to ensure BC Housing is strategically addressing the needs of vulnerable populations
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment
- Ability to lead the development and management of business plans and strategies in providing management consulting services to NP partners
- Ability to provide advice and leadership in addressing critical operating issues
- Effective leadership, consultative, facilitation, consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong strategic thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers