Job ID: 3649
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Reporting to the Vice President (VP) Operations, the Executive Assistant facilitates the flow of information between the VP, CEO, Executive Committee, Branch managers/staff and external stakeholders. He/she/they provides information and resolves issues on behalf of and as directed by the VP, prepares submissions and presentations for Executive Committee (Excom) and carries out confidential and sensitive assignments and special projects. The position monitors the consultant and travel budgets, plans and coordinates meetings, and maintains relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders in fulfilling Branch objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma in business administration or related discipline.
- Considerable experience in managing the office of a senior executive in a large-multi-faced organization.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices of managing an office for a senior executive.
- Sound knowledge of administrative and basic accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to learn the Operations Branch’s policies, programs and operating requirements.
- Ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy and tact in dealing with the varied day to day issues.
- Ability to liaise effectively with senior managers and facilitate the completion of various activities on behalf of the VP.
- Ability to assess issues, conduct research and prepare, edit and proofread reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, coordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal staff and various external officials and stakeholders to ensure cooperation and good information flow between offices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, time management and expediting skills.
- Good understanding of IT systems and excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Project.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers