- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Geotechnical Engineer in our Columbus, Ohio office to join a team delivering civil, geotechnical and geological engineering projects. In this role you will have the opportunity to manage and perform geotechnical evaluations and calculations, write technical documents, conduct subsurface investigations, and provide field monitoring, testing, and sampling for a variety of projects. From this office, we support clients in the transportation, mining, oil & gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support and manage projects, with an emphasis on geotechnical engineering, design, and monitoring
- Safely perform work, both in the field and office, and operating vehicles on behalf of the company
- Prepare documents and review those prepared by junior staff, including engineering drawings, specifications, work plans, calculations, and cost estimates
- Scope, budget, execute, and interpret field work, reconnaissance, geotechnical instrumentation, and subsurface explorations, with senior technical advice and review
- Prepare geotechnical recommendations reports with senior review
- Interact with clients, including preparation for and participation in meetings, preparation of progress reports, proposals, and other correspondence, responding to client requests, and maintaining positive relationships
- Handle equipment, including operation, calibration, and maintenance, in accordance with regulatory requirements; and ability to lift and move approximately 50 pounds without assistance
- Work outdoors in all seasonal weather conditions
- Travel for out-of-town project opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in civil / geotechnical engineering or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in the civil or geotechnical engineering fields
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills combined with a positive attitude and an ability to work both independently and within groups, including with contractors and cross-discipline in-house designers
- Willingness to work on projects across business sectors, performing a variety of tasks, sometimes on short notice
- Enthusiasm for field work and travel (local and national) as needed for project and other needs
- Understanding of the importance of health & safety as a top priority and an enthusiasm to participate in Golder's associated programs
- Master's in geotechnical engineering
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and ArcGIS
- PE registration will receive primary consideration
- Additional desirable skills include field logging and sampling, experience with slope stability, settlement, earth retention, foundations, general civil design experience, construction experience, rock engineering, and other geotechnical analyses
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure;
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.