- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Looking to get out of the heat of the city and live and work in one of the most beautiful parts of Canada this summer?
We have exciting opportunities for eager individuals with a passion for cuisine and a sense of adventure.
Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate has experience with catering, the ability to multi-task, is comfortable taking directions and working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Move between stations depending on the needs of each service
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
- Prepare sauces and assist prep-cooks prior to service
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards (e.g., WHMIS labels, food handling and storage, hygiene etc.)
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
- Read food order slips and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work. This will typically be provincial minimum wage plus any gratuities and overtime
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- This position will last for up to 6 months.
- if you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
- Staff accommodations available for all Mobilize staff
- Employee is responsible for relocation and housing cost
- The program works in groups of employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George