Part Time Transfer Station Equipment Operator
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Hood River,OR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Hood River Garbage, a Waste Connections company, is currently hiring for a Transfer Station Attendant / Equipment Operator to work out of our facility in Hood River, Oregon! In this position you must have the ability to efficiently operate loader, excavator, Back Hoe, Yard Truck and Forklift.This position is a Part time working on Saturdays and Mondays.
The schedule will be Saturday and Monday 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional overtime. Starting Wage is $20.09/hour with an increase to $22.74 after 6 Months of Employment and pending a positive performance review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting, directing, discussing issues with, and educating customers of onsite rules and restrictions in a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to efficiently operate loader, excavator, Back Hoe, Yard Truck and Forklift.
- Directing and tracking incoming traffic and monitoring waste material flow
- Monitoring and screening waste loads for prohibited or hazardous materials Immediate containment, cleanup, and necessary reporting of any hazardous or prohibited materials spilled at the facility
- Assisting with waste stream analysis, site maintenance projects, data entry, or other work as directed
- Following all appropriate safety guidelines and precautions, wearing required safety gear, and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to provide good customer service to the public.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services