- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Des Plaines,IL
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Groot, a subsidiary of Waste Connections is looking for a safety minded Yard Spotter to join the team at our Transfer Station in Glenview, IL.
The Yard Spotter will be responsible for hooking up trailers to the spotter truck and bringing the trailers into the yard for loading. This position will also tarp and park the trailers. Other duties include cleaning equipment.
This is a 6 days per week position. Hours start at 8:30 am Monday-Friday with an average shift lasting 8 to 12 hours. Saturday schedule is 6 am to 12 pm. Overtime is paid after 8 hours for a day and after 40 for a week.
This is a union local 731 position, benefits include pension, health and welfare and paid time off. Hourly wage is $15 to 25 per hour based on experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate a spotter tractor. Comfortable with moving large equipment.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Good safety record.
- A CDL is not required.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George