- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is looking for a Sorter to work at our facility in Miami, FL. The Sorter position is responsible for safely sorting recyclables onto different conveyor belts and moving material to the appropriate areas.
- Safely sort and segregate commingled recyclables by hand as they pass on conveyor belts.
- Remove any non-recyclable material and place in designated area.
- Spread out surge piles of material to relieve jams in the OCC, fiber screens and conveyors.
- Keep the work area and equipment platforms clean.
- Be safety conscious and utilize the proper PPE when handling broken glass, other sharp objects, heavy / awkward items, etc. Attend all scheduled safety meetings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Must arrive ready to work at the assigned time allocated by management. Working hours vary and can change daily, weekly, monthly or on annual basis. A typical schedule for this position is Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays as needed, approximately 55 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance during the duration of the work day.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, throw, lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
- Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, and all weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibrations, chemicals, fumes and airborne particles.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Must be able to stand continuously throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- The facility may not be temperature controlled. Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
More search results
Policy Officer - Department of National Defence
Policy Officer Recruitment Programme
Vice-Provost (Academic Planning, Policy & Faculty)
Leaders International Toronto
Housing & Health Nurse
Non-Profit Portfolio Manager – Prince George
Director, Security and Emergency Services