HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Seeking an HR Manager with experience working directly with indigenous communities for a great permanent role with our Nonprofit client.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead the People and Culture team by providing, guidance, coaching and operational direction on the day-to-day work
- Leads the Peaceful Relations Committee, identifies and implements opportunities to improve Agency experience. Assesses current employee programs and propose ways to improve cultural experience.
- Develops and leads the recruitment strategy
- Ensures data integrity and continues to develop the system for reporting purposes (i.e. turnover, general data analysis and review, etc.).
- Managed Disability Program and Benefits Management
- Provides proactive employee relations to employees at all levels
- Performance Management
- Develops, administers and revises/updates policies and procedures
- Undertakes and/or manages special projects relevant to People and Culture, develop project plans, goals and objectives and criteria, set deadlines and funding requirements; undertake research and prepare reports/presentations on project status.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, business or other related discipline with several years of related experience and/or a combination of education and experience
- Understanding of decolonization within human resources practices is considered a strong asset
- Commitment to providing services in ways that respect Indigenous cultural and spiritual practices
- Possesses good technological skills and experience using MS Office products
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Lived experience in Indigenous cultural beliefs, values, norms, ceremony, and teachings
Due to this companies equity group requirements we are only considering candidates from aboriginal status or indigenous ancestry